Thursday, June 25, 2015

Layer Cake Anyone?






Would you like a piece of layer cake - or perhaps a macaroon? How about a cupcake, freshly 'baked' this morning?

I have had such fun playing with my basted hexies and stitched hexie flowers. Some of you will remember the journey of my Fresh Fields hand stitched English Paper Pieced quilt which I began in January 2014. The colour palette has been refined along the way and in March 2014 I explored the qualities of Botton Line thread, being unconvinced that it was what I was looking for. In May 2014 I was introduced to Gutermann Extra Fine* polyester thread and found it to be my perfect EPP thread.

Other quilting projects took the spotlight and my Fresh Fields makings have been neatly tucked away. This week I have brought them out again and am delighting in their colours - and their delicious appearance! Splashes of summer tones amongst our mild winter days are welcome too. This morning I made a 'cupcake' pincushion to add to my pleasure. I must say I love looking at these plates of goodies as they sit (now perched on top of my sewing machine in our lounge/dining room) enticing me to stay and stitch some more.....


*Available for worldwide shipping here with a Base rate of International shipping which appears to fit up to 25 reels/spools. 

Sharing at WIP Wednesday.

20 comments:

Giga said...

With you it is winter, so the more time to work on the quilt. Do you like it certainly, so nice work. Regards.

Wendy said...

such a gorgeous colour palette

eileeninmd said...

I love the gorgeous colors, lovely quilt pieces. Have a happy day!

SarahZ said...

Oh my goodness, yes, please!!! I imagine these sweet treats beckon you from anywhere you are in the house!!! :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Soothing colors and a delightful pincushion.

Happy winter stitching to you ~ FlowerLady

the momma said...

I was wondering about your progress on these just the other day! So beautiful!! We still can't get this thread in the US, if you can believe it. I've settled on the regular gutermann sew all and tiny tiny stitches for now. (although I rarely pick up my EPP as I have been doing more hand-quilting, but every once in awhile I'll have a moment to hand-sew that is more conducive to a more portable project and out it comes a few minutes here and a few there...)
Take care ~ Tracy

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous colours!

Carla said...

Ok so I totally wanted to dive through my screen and photo bomb your hexies! So so delicious. Perfect pictures in every way ; )

geanina said...

Amazing colors! I like it!:)

Juliana said...

Oh I love those fresh bright colors!

xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :)

Anonymous said...

Truly, truly mouthwateringly lovely! This color palette is so fresh and summery!!

Barb said...

Goodness - I thought that cupcake was "real." It looks good enough to eat! The fabric colors are so fresh.

Leah said...

Those are beautiful! I have to do some this summmer for a guild challenge.... Thankfully we only need to include 5 for our project! I'm thinking mugrug.... or small wall hanging.....

Linda said...

Beautiful and creative. :)

tinajo said...

Looks wonderful, I´m in awe that you get them so even and identical - mine would look all crazy..! :-D

http://tinajoathome.com/

Anita Johnson said...

I'm happy just looking at the pictures...I can't quite imaging having the patience to create these beautiful pieces!

EricaSta said...

Fresh and amazing colours... It's an eye catch :)
Cheers, Heidrun

Rachaeldaisy said...

Isn't it wonderful to revisit a project you've had a break from and rediscover what you loved about it in the first place. Enjoy lovely sunny stiches with these beautiful hexies.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...it's like....an OCD dream! The colors and the neatness and the organization. Hahaha. Besides the visual appeal, the colors are beautiful together and all the pieces look beautifully made.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

such pretty little stacks of delight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...