Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Scarlet The Butterfly


























She is finished! I admired Scarlet on paper for a few days after designing her. Once I started stitching I could hardly wait to see what she would look like completed. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed rediscovering the gentle art of cross stitch after the last few years of focusing on quilting. 

The geometry and symmetry of quilting has worked its way into Scarlet's beautiful bright wings, along with some quilt inspired colours - a very happy combination. 

All I need now is to find a frame and to position Scarlet happily on my wall! Thoughts of designing and stitching some quilty friends for Scarlet run joyfully through my mind....



16 comments:

Unknown said...

It's lovely Karen! Your work is so neat and perfect <3

geanina said...

lovely! well done! :)

Susan said...

I am impressed with your designing skills! And I can just imagine a whole array of butterflies adorning your wall.

Unknown said...

Hi, I visited your blog following a comment you left at pretty by hand's blog. Lovely cross stitch! Looking at older posts, your hexies look amazing too. I love how you show the colour block match for each project, thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Wov. what a lovely butterfly!
Well done my dear.
Hugs
JetteMajken

Janneke said...

You designed a lovely "scarlet". You are so good in craft and making your own design is more than creative. I bet there will come more butterflies on the wall.

diane b said...

Lovely work. The different tones of red in the wings is very clever.

DeborahGun said...

beautiful Karen. What colour frame are you going to choose?

Dirk Rosin said...

du er flink Karen :-)

Lisa Gordon said...

Scarlet is just beautiful, Karen!

thefisherlady said...

scarlet... born and in flight... loverly

FilipBlog said...

For this you need patience.

Greetings,
Filip

Kim said...

You are enjoying this Palette Builder of yours, aren't you Karen. Lovely design, lovely medley of tones and colours.

Joy said...

Very lovely craft. You are really good:)

Unknown said...

Oh my.... This is beautiful. I Love to cross stitch. It is so relaxing to me.. I have a whole stack of finished pieces my mom did years ago. They are in storage right now. But when ever we are done with traveling I am going to frame them or make them into pillows.

Hugs~

Liz said...

I used to thoroughly enjoy cross stitch. It was probably around the time I started my "yet-to-be-completed" quilt. Now that I have this hand tremor, I doubt I will ever get the hand pieced quilt finished or take up cross stitch again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...