Thursday, March 3, 2011

Surprised




You may remember the new beginning I had planned for our vege patch a while back. Well, here is some of what is currently growing- Lebanese zucchini. I planted the seeds only a few weeks ago and now there are buds hiding under the canopy of leaves.


Two days ago


Today


Pak choi, coriander, lettuce and broccoli.




And some cute baby parsley.




It's amazing what happens in a few short weeks. I just love watching plants grow! Each day you can notice the changes and anticipate the joy of eating some of the results. Many of my gardening endeavours have ending with disappointing results between pests, fungi, neglect, weeds and harsh weather, yet I gain much pleasure from watching healthy plants sprouting from tiny seeds. As I learn better how to work with our particular conditions I hope for improved harvests with each new beginning.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm afraid my garden was washed out by rain and weeds

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

There will be another time Erin. With your baby due soon and the heat we've had, spring might be more realistic for you to aim for. It's so lovely to be outside in spring too. Our garden is only very small.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...