Friday, March 11, 2011

Spoilt for Choice

I had a lovely fabric parcel arrive yesterday, and another today. So many lovely fabrics to choose from!

French Journal by Michael Miller Fabrics
1/2 yard of each


French Journal opened




Central Park by Kate Spain
1/4 yard each except the orange on the left (3/8 yard)

Central Park
As above, plus 1 1/2yards of  the light blue

Quite Contrary, My Minds Eye
1/2 yard of each

It's a Hoot (colours are a little darker than they look in this photo)
1/4 yard each
Lots of sewing options ahead! The French Journal fabric and Central Park all have more of a vanilla/ivory base colour than bright white. I really enjoy choosing fabrics and thinking through what to make, although it can be difficult until you actually see and feel the fabric (one disadvantage of online shopping). Each of these recent release designer fabrics worked out at around $10 a yard, including shipping from the US, about half the cost of the same fabric if I could find it locally.

If you live locally and would like to have a look, please let me know. I may even be happy to sell something to you (if I haven't used it) at cost price (plus postage if required). See anything with your name on it???

4 comments:

Erin said...

Okay, I'm drawn to the 'Quite Contrary' as my favourite:)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Maybe you should drop in sometime and have a good look.

Unknown said...

They are all beautiful, but I really like the French Journal. I really must go back and order some fabric from the US, but maybe I should use my stash first!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Yes Deanne, it's lovely to buy new but nothing like having a stash to work from too. I have built a nice (relatively small) stash for quilting and similar projects over the last 12 months

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...