Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Simple yet Beautiful







Soon after I began looking at quilts on the internet I found two quilts made by Ashley of Film in the Fridge which I instantly loved. You can see her versions here. Once I discovered online fabric shops I was able to source the fabrics and make my own, almost identical to Ashley's. A strip quilt is fast and easy to sew and a wonderful way to display larger print fabrics which are often too pretty to cut into little pieces.




Gently stippled all over, both were in constant use last winter in our living rooms. I'm looking forward to pulling them out of the cupboard soon and washing them up ready for another winter of beautiful warmth.

PS Just a day after writing this post Ashley added a brilliant tutorial on making strip quilts. Well worth checking out, they really are very easy to make, making them great choice for a first quilt.

2 comments:

Erin said...

So beautiful, I really need to chat to you about online fabric shops. I think I have caught the bug:)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Any time Erin, maybe when your baby and you have settled in.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...