Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Harvest Time




Yesterday morning this little beauty was ready for harvesting. Having never eaten or grown a white/Lebanese zucchini I was purely judging size by white zucchini I have recently noticed at the supermarket.




The child allocated to dinner prep tonight grated the zucchini and added it to the bolognese he was cooking, as we usually do. We both had a little taste, the zucchini was pleasantly juicy and almost sweet, certainly the best I have ever tasted. I think I will try the next one raw in a salad.



The finished product, on a bed of fresh parsley, basil and pak choi leaves straight from our garden! Yum! I always like to add some grated veges to our bolognese and white zucchini is perfect at hiding with no tell-tale signs of visible colour (for those children who may object). Looks like I have found a new vegetable friend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

we grew golden zucchinis last year and had so many that I ended up making a really yummy relish with them!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

That would have been nice Deanne. I don't think we'll have any trouble using the few we have growing, and as you can tell, I love watching them grow.

Robyn said...

Lol! Great "hidden" tip. I hide chopped spinach in all of my mince mixes. Will have to give the zucchini one a go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...