Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby Pinwheel Quilt





I have had this little baby quilt finished for a while, awaiting the arrival of the special baby it was made for. On Tuesday my friend Erin from Seven Little Australians and Counting gave birth to their 9th baby, a healthy baby boy! Congratulations again Erin, PC and family!




Last night I had the privilege of visiting Erin and baby in hospital and was able to give her this quilt, so now I can show you some pictures of what has been hiding in my cupboard.




At this point I wasn't sure how to complete the edges, thinking of maybe making prairie points as I did with this quilt. However I chose to finish it differently and have been happy with how it turned out.




I quilted it using stippling around the outer edges and straight lines over the main section, highlighting the pinwheels, more easily seen here on the reverse.




I love the mix of fabrics, especially the ladybugs, chosen to be suitable for either a boy or girl. I'm pleased it now has a new home with a precious family and the baby it was sewn for. I really enjoy being able to give something I have made myself.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's just gorgeous Karen! What a beautiful gift!

Anna Maria said...

I think the quilt is beautiful. Thank You for such a lovely gift.

Heather Mattern said...

What a talented lady you are!!!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Thank you all for your encouraging comments. Anna, I'm especially pleased you like it too and hope it fits the cradle nicely.

Jen said...

This is super cute!

Nutsy Coco said...

Great quilt! I love your color choices.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...